Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days of Encouraging Words

On Monday, I read about bloggers linking up at nesting place for 31 Days of Change. More than 1000 bloggers signed up to write for 31 days about various topics. Ann Voskamp, one of my favorites, is writing about 31 days to crazy joy. It inspired me to take up my own 31-day experiment in encouraging words.

The Lord's definitely been moving me in this direction. As I recall, speaking encouraging words was my prayer request last month at my moms group. But, in my typical fashion, I'm a little late getting started. It took me a day to be convinced to try it. Day 2 was spent speaking encouraging words to myself (read: remembering that I'm supposed to build up, not tear down). By bedtime, I was reminded to praise my little one, who totally blossoms when watered with words of affirmation.

Today, Day 3, I began seeking the Lord in this in earnest. No surprise, He had much direction to give. I was reminded to send off a swift text to a couple of friends. Not terribly personal, but better than nothing at all. The responses were a blessing to me.

I also remembered to thank my sweet husband for some above-and-beyond things he did yesterday. And, the Lord gave me a few ideas to act on in the coming days.

I saw the power of affirming words this afternoon in the eyes of the girls in our after-school mentoring group. Each of us wrote something encouraging in each girl's journal. Sweet D told one of the other leaders, "Did you see what everyone wrote about me?" Clearly, the words written achieved God's desired effect. She was blessed.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the Lord leads me this month. And I'm hoping for some lasting change.

No comments:

Post a Comment